INTERIORS GET THE MIDAS TOUCH
You’ll find a treasure trove of precious metals coming to market this fall! Everything from copper and brass to silver and gold will be on-trend this season to accessories our wardrobe and decorate our home. I’m loving the idea of giving my wardrobe and interiors the Midas touch this season with chic golden accents in a variety of finishes to suit any decor including mirrored, polished and brushed looks.
After enjoying an exciting sneak peak at what’s coming to HomeSense this fall and holiday season, I thought I’d share a few of my Golden Rules for decorating with a few of my favourite golden accessories I fell in love with at the preview. I can’t wait to start shopping!
(1) Stemware with golden accents is trés chic and lends a touch of sophistication and elegance to any occasion!
(2) It’s okay….and recommended when decorating with golden accents…to mix up the finishes. The antiqued, polished finish of the Champagne chiller above is a stunning piece that compliments the mix of metal finishes in the leafy wreath.
(3) Polished gold finishes can look garish on a piece that’s not designed well or when overused in a space. The natural wood top and the reflections of the patterned rug help tone down the high shine of this beautifully designed coffee table.
(4) Bar carts are a must this holiday season! The petite proportions of this cart with its golden champagne finish and glass shelves, make it the perfect addition to any living or dining room.
(5) Brass, copper and gold all work well together and will compliment almost any colour. Accent cushions with shimmery details are an inexpensive and instant way to add a little glam and drama in the living room or bedroom.
(6) Rose gold jewelry is all the rage. It’s soft pink tone is lovely on the skin and will look stunning on your walls and shelves too! Mirrored frames and boxes in rose gold offer a fresh new look for bedrooms and bathrooms. Mix them with natural wood and black frames.
(7) Introduce modern art like these pieces above painted or gilded in metallic gold. Hang near a chandelier or light fixture to create a shimmery glow in a hallway, bathroom or dining room.
The way I see it… you can’t go wrong with a little touch of gold in your decor… anytime of the year!